Here you will find the latest cigar industry news and reviews from all major premium cigar publications, some of which include Cigar Aficionado, Cigar Obsession, Cigar Dogo, Halfwheel, Cigar Journal, and many more.
- Watch: Charlie Minato on Fuente & Meerapfel Present: Meet The Professor (9:00 P.M. EDT)by Charlie Minato on April 11, 2021 at 12:00 am
Today and tomorrow, the Fuente & Meerapfel Present: Meet The Professor live show is hosting a 26-hour live stream. At 9:00 P.M. EDT I will be hosting the show. Because trying to do anything for 26 hours straight is not easy, the show has invited a variety of journalists to host the show for an hour The post Watch: Charlie Minato on Fuente & Meerapfel Present: Meet The Professor (9:00 P.M. EDT) appeared first on halfwheel.
- Forged Cigar Co. Plans La Gloria Cubana Medio Tiempoby Charlie Minato on April 10, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Add Forged Cigar Co. to the list of companies trying to capitalize on the trend of medio tiempo tobaccos. The La Gloria Cubana Medio Tiempo is a new line coming from the Forged Cigar Co., a sister company to General Cigar Co. According to listings from retailers, it will use an Ecuadorian Sumatran wrapper over The post Forged Cigar Co. Plans La Gloria Cubana Medio Tiempo appeared first on halfwheel.
- Yannabis Cigar Humidorby Charlie Minato on April 10, 2021 at 3:24 pm
While most of the humidors included in this series of reviews have come from brands you have heard of, today’s review is from one you almost certainly have not. Cigar Humidor Case with Humidifier and Hygrometer, Orange, Spanish Cedar Wood (Holds Up to 100-125 Cigars). That’s the name of the review. It comes from a The post Yannabis Cigar Humidor appeared first on halfwheel.
- CigarAndPipes April Cigar Of The Month Clubby Bryan Glynn on April 10, 2021 at 12:39 am
This is a limited slot Cigar of the Month club featuring some high end cigars for under $40/mos shipped. At the time of this video they have opened more slots, so don’t wait if it sounds good to you. I have no financial affiliation with the club. https://cigarandpipes.com/membership-account/cigar-of-the-month/ The post CigarAndPipes April Cigar Of The Month Club appeared first on CigarObsession - The best cigar review videos.
- General Cigar Co. Plans Macanudo Inspirado Brazilian Shadeby Charlie Minato on April 9, 2021 at 9:01 pm
The Macanudo Inspirado line will be getting an extension with a rather unique wrapper: Connecticut shade tobacco grown in Brazil. Next week, General Cigar Co. is expected to announce the Macanudo Inspirado Brazilian Shade, a new limited edition line that—according to postings from retailers—will use a Connecticut shade wrapper grown in Bahia, Brazil over a The post General Cigar Co. Plans Macanudo Inspirado Brazilian Shade appeared first on halfwheel.
- Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan Cigar Reviewby Bryan Glynn on April 9, 2021 at 8:43 pm
Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan Cigar Review – This 5.9×54 stick features a dark brown firmly packed butter soft wrapper with minimal veins, tight invisible seams, triple cap and faint barn aroma. First light reveals a perfect draw with thick plentiful medium-full bodied smoke showing a … Continue reading → The post Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de San Juan Cigar Review appeared first on CigarObsession - The best cigar review videos.
- Oettinger Davidoff AG to relaunch its Zino brandby Press Release on April 9, 2021 at 8:41 am
Oettinger Davidoff AG relaunches its Zino cigar line for open minded and spontaneous aficionados.
- Cubariqueño Adding Corona Gorda Format to Sir Robert Peelby Jordan Guttormson on April 8, 2021 at 7:55 pm
Cubariqueño Cigar Co. today announced the addition of a 5⅝” x 46 corona gorda format to their Sir Robert Peel brand. Sir Robert Peel first launched in 2019, kicking off the upper-scale Lawmen Series within the Protocol portfolio (which has since been joined by the Protocol Eliot Ness). The cigars debuted in a singular box-pressed The post Cubariqueño Adding Corona Gorda Format to Sir Robert Peel appeared first on Cigar Dojo.
- Mombacho Hires Indiana Ortez as General Managerby Eric Guttormson on April 8, 2021 at 6:01 pm
Mombacho Cigars S.A. has hired Indiana Ortez as General Manager for the company’s Nicaraguan operations. In recent weeks Mombacho announced Claudio Sgroi had stepped down as after serving as master blender and president for the company as well as announcing company founder, Cam Heaps, would be taking a more involved role with the company moving The post Mombacho Hires Indiana Ortez as General Manager appeared first on Cigar Dojo.
- Crowned Heads Teases Las Calaveras 2021by Charlie Minato on April 8, 2021 at 6:00 pm
This year’s Las Calaveras release will feature some notable changes from years prior. Today, Crowned Heads posted a picture of the four vitolas of Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2021. It shows four cigars, no belicoso, and one with a pigtail. This would mark the first time since 2018 there won’t be a torpedo size made The post Crowned Heads Teases Las Calaveras 2021 appeared first on halfwheel.
- Pacific Cigar Co. launches Harimau Malaya Regional Editionby Samuel Spurr on April 8, 2021 at 5:44 pm
Pacific Cigar Company launched the San Cristobal de la Habana Exclusivo Malasia on Thursday 8 April. The cigar, nicknamed “Harimau Malaya” the “Malaysian Tiger”, is the first regional edition for Malaysia and is a Montesco-sized robusto extra cigar measuring 5 1/8 x 55 (130mm x 55).
- Mombacho Cigars S.A. Hires Indiana Ortez as General Managerby Press Release on April 8, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Granada, Nicaragua: Mombacho Cigars S.A. has hired Indian Ortez as General Manager for the company’s Nicaraguan operations.
- Zino Brand Relaunching in Mayby Patrick Lagreid on April 8, 2021 at 5:05 pm
The Zino brand is getting a makeover and relaunch that will begin arriving at stores in May, a revamped cigar line that is being released under the slogan of “Live life from A to Z.” “The new Zino brand is inspired by people who celebrate a lifestyle and state of mind driven by experiences, open-mindedness The post Zino Brand Relaunching in May appeared first on halfwheel.
- Protocol’s Sir Robert Peel Adding Corona Gordaby Patrick Lagreid on April 8, 2021 at 4:28 pm
The Protocol Sir Robert Peel line from Cubariqueño Cigar Co. is getting a new corona gorda vitola, and unlike the box-pressed toro that the line debuted in, this new size will be round. The new size measures 5 5/8 x 46 and is offered in 10-count boxes, with MSRP set at $11.50 per cigar at The post Protocol’s Sir Robert Peel Adding Corona Gorda appeared first on halfwheel.
- San Cristóbal de La Habana Harimau Malaya Is First Edición Regional for Malaysiaby Patrick Lagreid on April 8, 2021 at 3:28 pm
Habanos S.A.’s Edición Regional program has resulted in the release of limited edition cigars for countries and regions around the world, and now, Malaysia is getting its first cigar in the series with the San Cristobal de La Habana Harimau Malaya. It comes in the Montesco vitola, a thick robusto that measures 5 1/8 inches The post San Cristóbal de La Habana Harimau Malaya Is First Edición Regional for Malaysia appeared first on halfwheel.
- Bertie Cigars celebrates 2 Years in Hong Kongby Samuel Spurr on April 8, 2021 at 9:40 am
Bertie cigar lounge in Hong Kong celebrated its second anniversary in late March with a small event.
- Metro Cigars | Cigar Friendly, Wisconsinby Bruce Busch on April 8, 2021 at 9:38 am
Just a bit Northwest of Milwaukee lies the village of Germantown, Wisconsin. Here in Germantown lies the wonderful cigar establishment that is called Metro Cigars. Myself being a German teacher by profession, and the fact that this lounge is in the town of Germantown, I am inclined to liken the environment of Metro Cigars to a term in German which really has no translation into any other language.
- Nene By Gota Miyamoto Robusto Cigar Reviewby Bryan Glynn on April 8, 2021 at 1:10 am
Nene By Gota Miyamoto Robusto Cigar Review – This 5×50 stick features a dark brown slightly soft but evenly packed lumpy wrapper with an oily butter soft texture, minimal veins, tight invisible seams, large triple cap and a leathery raisin aroma. First light reveals a perfect draw with plentiful, thick … Continue reading → The post Nene By Gota Miyamoto Robusto Cigar Review appeared first on CigarObsession - The best cigar review videos.
- Mombacho Names Indiana Ortez New General Managerby Patrick Lagreid on April 7, 2021 at 10:46 pm
Mombacho Cigars S.A. has a new general manager, Indiana Ortez. Ortez, the daughter of Omar Ortez, confirmed the news to halfwheel on Wednesday. She has become a rising star in the cigar industry, garnering attention for her work with her father and several projects for Ventura Cigar Co., namely the PSyKo SEVEN Nicaragua. Those cigars The post Mombacho Names Indiana Ortez New General Manager appeared first on halfwheel.
- Les Mann Joins Coles of Londonby Charlie Minato on April 7, 2021 at 7:58 pm
Les Mann is once again selling S.T.Dupont lighters. Coles of London, the U.S. distributor for S.T.Dupont, has hired Mann as the company’s vp of major accounts. It’s a homecoming of sorts for Mann, who worked as the evp of sales for S.T.Dupont from 2000-2008 when Colibri handled the French company’s U.S. distribution. In 2008, Lotus The post Les Mann Joins Coles of London appeared first on halfwheel.